The virus: Covid-19
Can we really distance ourselves? Are we not social animals? This outbreak is also seen as a result of ‘the animal’ taking over the social? The animal is within us, just as the angel is.
The external world is a manifestation of our internal world.
Social distancing is actually physical distancing. But this is an opportunity to really connect, within and with rest of Prakrithi, Nature and all her magnificent creations.
This is perhaps once in a lifetime to make choices what is best for us for the benefit of others?
I have been asked by many friends how am I “handling, managing the situation”:
That prompted me to write some reflections here, and nowhere else, including social media. I have almost not shared anything on WhatsApp as a policy, as others are already sharing too much :) A lot of stuff is irrelevant, fake or just out of context. BTW, I am under no illusion I can handle the situation arising out of the virus and all its effects. I can handle all that is within my control.
- Fear: At the core, I am not afraid. That is what I have chosen. Not that I am a totally fearless person. But in these kinds of situations, I have a choice.
- Taking precautions: I am trying to maintain the highest standards of hygiene, personal and social. Not for the sake of myself, but for the sake of all around me.
- Pray: These situations are also opportunities to test my faith. The opposite of fear is faith. There are a lot of comments on social media on how all places of worship are closed, and hospitals are open. Personally I feel more connected spiritually around all the fear and negativity around COVID-19.
We often forget hospitals mostly treat the body, prayers deal with the soul
- #WFH: By saying ‘#WFH sucks’, Sachin Bansal (Flipkart) has given media and its extension (mortals in social media like me) a headline. These ‘successful’ founders have their experience, and opinions, to which they are entitled to. Why do we tend to over-react? As an entrepreneur, I always worked from home. I have been productive too. (PS: What is success for an entrepreneur? From a coaching perspective, it has to be holistic, on all aspects of life)
Master says: A home must be filled with love, with the sacrifice that love involves, the joy that love radiates, and the peace that love imparts.
- Work: While there is some cancellation, postponement, and uncertainty on the work front. Clearing some “important” stuff, nothing ‘urgent” now :) While classroom coach training sessions are postponed, launching the online as planned, on Saturdays.
- Others: Plan to read more, spend some more quality time with family, spend more time with dogs, read, write (not just this post!), practice yoga, learning.
How are you spending time? How are you feeling? Fearless? Happy?
The war is within — the biggest challenge the political leadership is facing, recent times, beyond all politicking! Not for just the political leadership, for our elected (& unelected) representatives. Politicking in rampant in all areas!
We have a choice. To raise our consciousness or otherwise. For common good.
In the Battle Against Coronavirus, Humanity Lacks #Leadership: @YUVAL NOAH HARARI TIME
‘In this moment of crisis, the crucial struggle takes place within humanity itself. If this epidemic results in greater disunity and mistrust among humans, it will be the virus’s greatest victory. When humans squabble — viruses double. In contrast, if the epidemic results in closer global cooperation, it will be a victory not only against the coronavirus, but against all future pathogens’
Collateral benefit: Coronavirus pandemic triggers a reduction in global air pollution:
Happiness For All, Together:
It is the theme for International Day of Happiness 2020, which is celebrated today, March 20, 2020. I did not know there was a ‘happiness day’ too!
Should every day be a happy day?
“The International Day of Happiness is celebrated worldwide every year on 20 March, and was originally conceptualized and founded in 2006 by Jayme Illien, CEO of the United Nations New World Order project, to advance happiness as a fundamental human right for all human beings, and happytalism, as a new economic system, theory, and philosophy, which achieves the United Nations global goals, and the happiness, well-being, and freedom of all life on earth.” (@Wikipedia)
Have we achieved the goal of happytalism? What is the excuse?
What we focus on, grows?